BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!

Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines)

Going Long - Ginger Scott * ARC kindly granted by the author in exchange for an honest review *

This is the sequel to Waiting On The Sidelines and starts two years after Waiting On The Sidelines ends, with both Reed and Nolan in college.
I don't want to spoil this book for those who are desperate to read it for themseleves, so I'll keep this short and sweet...

Reed and Nolan are just as loveable in this book as they were in high school but their relationship has definately developed into something deeper and stronger, even if it's not perfect and they still have a few lingering insecurities (mainly Nolan).
The ups and downs in this book all stem from a lack of communication. A few misunderstandings and it leads to a whole world of pain because they just don't talk to each other. It left you angry that all the pain they go through could easily have been avoided if the had simply had a conversation. Honestly, you wanted to jump in and smack their heads together so many times... However, they are young, hurt, scared and they chose to put off the conversations that needed to be had. We've all done it. Everyone has avoided certain conversations in their lives, even when we know they really need to be had, so it was totally relatable and true to life.

The main thing that stays with you after reading this is that it was a joy to read. The ups and downs. The good times and bad. Sharing the lives of Reed and Nolan (and their friends) has been a wonderful experience. Both this book and Waiting on the Sidelines felt like you were reading about the lives of real people. You came to care for these people like they were your friends and you just want them to get their happy ever after... And fear not! They do get their happy ever after and when they do you want to jump up and down squeeeing with happiness (Okay so maybe I didn't just want to jump up and down, maybe I did jump up and down... Just a little....)

I'm really sad to say goodbye to this bunch of people. They've been awesome. Can't wait to see what Ginger Scott writes next.

P.S. I can't thank Ginger enough for giving me an ARC of this book. Really made my day!

5 out of 5 stars!