BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!
Pride and Prostitution - Penelope St. James Free copy gifted to me as a contest prize - courtesy of Ellora's Cave

I really liked the sound of this story and the beginning did not disappoint. Quiet bookish girl goes to New York to visit her friend, is invited to raid her wardrobe and told to meet her in the bar. Friend doesn't show but sexy guy does, one thing leads to another... So far so good.

Then comes the realisation from Mr. FBI (David) that Gemma isn't a call girl and Gemma discovering Mr. FBI thought she was a call girl and bang! You have some fireworks.

However, as the book goes on, the heat level of the book diminishes as does the excitement. The story is good but it doesn't exactly require alot of brain power to work out what’s what and who's who before you reach the conclusion. Throw in the fact that the chemistry between David and Gemma is just not convincing and I was left feeling a little disappointed. It's not that I didn't enjoy the book, it's just that I thought it could've been better.

Basically I'd sum this book up as follows: good start, disappointing finish but I'd give this author another try as I think there is potential.

3 out of 5 stars