BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!

Waiting on the Sidelines

Waiting on the Sidelines - Ginger Scott *Review copy granted in exchange for an honest review*

Initially I struggled to read this book as, quite simply, the first few chapters are really quite boring. However, as I read on the book slowly started to become more interesting and while I was starting to enjoy it, I found the age of the characters was putting me off a bit (14/15 at the beginning). This book is classed as New Adult/Young Adult and when I was reading I would've said definitely YA not NA but then by the time you are a quarter of the way in the first year of high school is over and the characters were a year older, and I suddenly grasped what this book was truly about and that we were going to see these characters grow over time instead of getting a snapshot of their lives at a particular age and I got really excited.

The book quickly went from boring to interesting to OMG cannot stop reading but crap I've got work tomorrow!! It is full of teenage angst, general dramas, insecurities, lust, first loves, friendships and heartbreak and I honestly think it captures exactly the emotions of what it is like to be a teenager.

You care deeply for Nolan and you fall in love with Reed too. You feel every up and down of their relationship as though you are living it and despite the many hurdles, heartbreaks and utter (teenage) stupidity you want them to sort it out and be happy as you get the feeling that despite them being so young, what they have is the real deal.

The book ends with college. So from the start of high school to college in one book and there is a sequel coming in October that features the same characters in college, will this book follow them all through college as this book did high school? I don't know, but I hope so. I'm desperate to see Reed and Nolan into true adulthood and to see if their dreams (together or apart) are realised.

Cracking book from a promising Indie author.

(You just need to get through the initial chapters!!!)

5 out of 5 stars!