BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover The back of book blurb made me think this book would be the usual New Adult, angsty romantic drama... But it wasn't. It was something else entirely. Yes, there was teenage drama and angst, butterflies and romance... But there was more. So much more. The drama in this book is very real and serious, not crossed wires and insecurities but proper freakin' drama.

I can't really go into much about this without spoiling the story but I can say the first 15% (Kindle) of the book was enjoyable and intriging but nothing remarkable but it builds and it builds until you can't stop reading.
Seriously, it was a total emotional rollercoaster. I couldn't have put it down if my house was burning around me come about half way in.

I started off a bit "meh", then I went "hmmm", then "aww", then "huh?" Then "OMG!" Then "I knew it!" Then "OMG!!" Then "awww" Then "OMFG!"
That might not make much sense but this book was such an amazing journey reading it without knowing anything much more than the book blurb so I'm just going to say read it!

Seriously, it really is an amazing read, totally lives up to it's "No.1 NY Times bestseller" hype.

5 out of 5 stars!!

P.s You might not want to read this anytime near bed. I finished it at 1am and was still buzzing about it all at 2...