BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) - Abbi Glines I was really looking forward to this book. Preston had been the character that interested me the most out of the group of friends this series focuses on and I'd liked Amanda since book 1.

Amanda is Marcus' little sister. She is in love with Marcus' best friend Preston.

Preston has a new woman every night in his personal life (total man-whore) and then you find out what his job is and you realise "man-whore" is actually a literal description. You meet his mother who is complete scum and your heart breaks for his 3 much younger siblings... Preston is not perfect by a long shot but your heart simply breaks for him, the choices he makes and the reasons he does what he does...

However, It doesn't excuse the fact he can sleep with someone and completely forget about it!!!

Oh, sorry, think it was a dream... Okay, he's devastated when he realises it wasn't a dream but it still doesn't make up for it.

Amanda is young and naive.

She wants Preston and she gets him just not the way she wants him... In all fairness I don't think anyone in her right mind would be happy with losing their virginity on a wooden box in a shed and then having the guy get off you and leave without a word... What I don't understand is how that experience didn’t turn her completely off him! So what he's beautiful? He isn’t even nice to her! Does she have no self-respect?

As the story goes on Preston changes and the relationship grows and you can accept it...

Amanda’s reaction to Preston’s "job" is understandable. Her taking him back once everything unfolds and his job changes to a normal one is also understandable... But the ending left me with no way to envision a happy future for them and that made me sad. It's totally unsatisfying and I don't like that the sacrifices Preston made for his siblings will forever make him tainted and unworthy in the eyes of Amanda's mother (possibly brother? Who knows as Marcus isn't privy to the scandal).

What I do like is how Preston’s friends rally for him in this book. I love how Rock and Trisha get the family they desire and those poor children will get a stable home and unconditional love not just from their big brother but from parents...

I really hope as this series progresses we get some more closure on this but - since the next book is Cage and Eva book 2 and the one after that is Jason Stone - I doubt it. So after looking forward to reading this, I was left disapointed.

2 out of 5 stars.