BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!

Obsession

Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout Quickie Review:

This is an ADULT novel set in the world of the Luxen, Jennifer Armentrouts YA series and it really isn't suitable for young readers as this book is HOT!

I loved this book! From the first chapter it captures you and refuses to let you go until the end.

It is full of snark and banter between the main characters. Both Hunter (who is Arum) and Serena are likeable and the relationship between the two of them is very sweet and very hot!

I LOVED how we got a different perspective in these books than in the Lux novels... In the world of the Luxen, the Arum are totally evil and in this book you realise that they are not... Okay, they are bad but not all are evil just as it shows that not all Luxen are good. It makes the point that in a war those on either side of the war think they are correct in their actions and the only people truly innocent tend to be those caught in the middle (and who generally pay the higher price for the actions of others).

I liked learning more about the Arum, what they can do and what they are capable of, and why they have to do it. I liked the cameos from characters we have met in the Lux (YA) series and while this book is a standalone adult companion novel I can't help but wonder if Jennifer L Armentrout is setting up a possible spin off or if she is just dropping some hints as to the direction of Origin and the fifth (and final) Lux novel...

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money - and the time - to rea