BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!
Scandalous - H.M. Ward I was drawn to this book by it's cover. I was intrigued by the book blurb but slightly put off by the fact our leading lady - Abby - was a minister. I just couldn't see how we could have a nice sexy romance when our main character was sworn to God, but as I said I was intrigued and after reading a few reviews I decided to read it for myself and I was NOT disappointed!

This book was great. Abby and Jack were so sweet, you felt their longing for each other, the chemistry between them was incredible. It was sensual, evocative, passionate... Utterly mesmerising at times.

There is plenty of drama to go with the romance and it's rounded off with a nice happy ending.

I couldn't put it down! It was just the kind of read I needed to break me out of a reading funk. I read it cover to cover in one sitting.

I'd recommend to anyone looking for a nice, sexy, romantic read and I'd say if you too are worried about the whole minister thing, don't be. Yes, Abby is a minister but it doesn't really come into it beyond being the reason Abby is in the position she is in, her job could have been anything as she truly doesn't come across all godly.

I should probably also comment on the characters in general.
Jack - Holy hotness! Abby - Kick ass!

www.where-did-the-sun-go.blogspot.co.uk