BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!
Styxx - Sherrilyn Kenyon I don't think I can describe how this book made me feel... It's also hard to say much about it without spoiling it, so I'm not going to go into the story's twists and turns (and there were alot!) Acheron was a hard book to read and man did you wanna murder Styxx in it for what he did to Ash... But then you read Styxx and you are blown away. No one knew Styxx, I don't think anyone saw this book coming. It is heartbreaking. Truly heartbreaking. He had it worse than Ash. He really truly did. I actually hated Ash in this book for what happened to Styxx and even at the end I wasn't 100% certain I wanted to forgive him, even though he deserved forgiveness. Total new perspective. Absolute must read for those who have followed these books from the beginning and for new comers to the world of the Dark-Hunters.

My only complaint (while I was reading it) would be that while reading it (on my Kindle) I was ever conscious of the fact that I was getting further and further into the book and we were still in Ancient Greece/Atlantis. I kept wanting to know when we'd hit the modern era - like in Ash's book - and see Styxx and Beth, Styxx and Ash etc in the present. It was incredibly frustrating when reading thinking that it would all be rushed and it was because I was expecting it to be like Ash's book. This isn't Ash's book and Styxx and Beth didn't need to meet and fall in love like Ash and Tory, they never stopped being in love and that was my mistake.

I would've liked more time in the present but I can't wait for a re-read now I know I don't have to worry about the amount of time in Ancient Greece taking away from Styxx's future as - with all Kenyons books - our man gets the future he deserves in the end, and it was wonderful... Even if the amount of abuse in this book makes it hard to read at times.

I can't wait to see Styxx in further releases, he totally stole my heart.