BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!
For Everly - Raine Thomas * Review copy granted in exchange for an honest review*

You should never judge a book by it's cover and it's especially true with this one. Don't let the cover put you off!

This book was a pleasure to read and I highly recommend it to any New Adult fan. It is well written, the story has a wonderful balance between normalcy and drama and it gave me lots of fluttery feels drawing me in and keeping me reading until the end. I read it in one sitting.

The first couple of chapters don't give you a good first impression of Cole - our leading man - but don't let it give you the wrong impression of him, he did something stupid but he's not stupid, he's not an asshole and - unlike the guys in alot of New Adult books - he isn't a man-whore. He is a genuinely nice guy who has genuine concerns for his career and handles it the way he feels he needs to. He cares for people, he isn't afraid of getting involved with people and he is sexy too.

Everly has had a really hard time of it in her life (I wont go into why as I don't want to spoil it) but she hasn't let it defeat her and has worked incredibly hard to achieve her goals in life. She does tend to run from things and hold herself at a distance and I don't really blame her but she does overcome this.

The relationship Everly develops with Cole is realistic. It isn't instalove and you become invested in them as a couple and can see them realistically making it in the long haul...

I've found a new author that I like and that makes it a good day for me! Will definitely look out for more from this author and highly recommend this book.

4 out of 5 stars!