BookLoversCodex

The Book Lovers Codex

I am a twenty-something, happily married, mother of one who loves books. I love reading them. I love looking at them. I love their smell. Libraries and bookstores are my holy places... No I'm not being blasphemous. Books are my religion and if you don't like that then you're probably reading the wrong blog I love ebooks too. I love how my Kindle can hold thousands of books and wherever I go in the world they can come with me. I love how the emergence of ebooks has resulted in more books being published than ever before - for better or for worse My love of books is the reason for this blog. I want to share it with other people who love books, I'm opinionated and passionate and I want to share those opinions with you and see what you think, do you agree or disagree? I want to hear your opinions and your recommendations... Basically I want to share the book love! I will pretty much read anything that is a romance but I mainly read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, and erotica... Plus the odd book here and there that is not a romance of any description! So that's what to expect from this blog. If you like what you see, please follow!
Love at First Date - Susan Hatler * Review copy granted via netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This book isn't very long, I read it in a couple of hours. If I had only three words to describe it I would use: short, uncomplicated and forgettable.

The characters are one dimensional so you don't develop any kind of emotional attachment to them, the story is easy to predict and the "romance" has a definite PG rating - there isn't so much as a kiss!

I use the term "romance" loosely with this book too as there isn't much romance... Ellen and Henry meet by chance and there is a bit of instalove (or obsession) going on but no actual courtship or meaningful interaction. The book is written from the first person viewpoint of Ellen and she spends more time rabbiting on in her head about Henry than time actually spent with Henry...

Despite all that I've said I guess you could say that enjoyed the book while it lasted. It didn't make me angry, frustrated or wanting more and it had some funny moments...

Would I read something else by this author? Hmmm... I think it would be fair to say that I wouldn't avoid this author's work, if something came along that I liked the sound of I'd give it a try but I am not going to be actively seeking out her back catalogue or recommending her to friends.

www.where-did-the-sun-go.blogspot.co.uk